Play Food Street from January 18th 2019 to collect your new FREE Ferris Wheel functional item from the shop!
Collect your Free Ferris Wheel!
The Free Ferris Wheel is available to players at level 15+.
To collect your Free Ferris Wheel functional item, tap on the paintbrush at the bottom left of the game screen followed by the pet tab (picture of the dog) and then drag and drop the Free Ferris Wheel into your restaurant to place it down.
If you can’t place your Free Ferris Wheel, you may need to clear more room in order to set it down. If the tile grid under the space where you want to place your Free Ferris Wheel is red then you will need to clear a bigger area to set it down. Once the tile grid under your Free Ferris Wheel is completely green, your new free Ferris Wheel can be placed in your restaurant.
Your new Free Ferris Wheel can be collected until Feb 1st 2019. After this date, the Free Ferris Wheel will no longer be available to claim.
Important: You MUST collect your Free Ferris Wheel before Feb 1st 2019
New type of functional item
The Free Ferris Wheel is a brand new type of functional item that is similar to the Free Water Slide functional item that was available in Food Street in August 2017! The Free Ferris Wheel has 7 stages and is upgraded using a new type of currency, balloons!
The Free Ferris Wheel’s 7 upgrade levels are unlocked by collecting “Balloons”.
Balloons drop when you complete the following actions:
- when completing a Chef Challenge
- when completing a Menu order
- when completing a Food Club order AND
- when completing a Food Truck order
Balloons are stored with the Free Ferris Wheel item and are indicated by a number next to the item. No space is taken up in your Food Club Storage, your Pantry, or Fridge!
Upgrading & Restocking
- Your Free Ferris Wheel works the same as a regular functional item.
- You can activate your Ferris Wheel by stocking it up with 1 Egg.
- Once it has been stocked, The Ferris wheel is activated and the 12 hour timer begins.
- You will have to restock your Ferris Wheel a set number of times before unlocking the ability to upgrade it.
- When you have restocked enough times and collected enough balloons you are ready to upgrade.
- IMPORTANT: When the ride is activated, it CANNOT be upgraded.
- To upgrade your Ferris Wheel wait until the ride is inactive and then tap the Yellow UPGRADE button located at the top of the pop up under the stars. Do NOT tap the restock button or you will have to wait 12 hours for the timer to run down again before you can upgrade.
- You can still collect Balloons even if upgrading has not yet been unlocked.
- Balloons will only start dropping AFTER you have first placed the Ferris Wheel in your restaurant.
- If you place the Ferris Wheel back into your storage after having placed it down in your restaurant first, the Ferris Wheel will continue to count Balloons.
- You must take the Ferris Wheel out of storage in order to upgrade it.
Why am I not earning Balloons?
In order to start collecting Balloons, you must first place the Ferris Wheel down in your restaurant. Once the Ferris Wheel has been placed in your restaurant for the first time, you can place it back into your storage and still collect Balloons.
Why can’t I upgrade my Ferris Wheel, if I have collected enough Balloons?
If you cannot upgrade your Ferris Wheel, even though you have collected enough Balloons, then you need to restock your Ferris Wheel more times in order to reach the restocking requirement for upgrading.
Can I still collect more Balloons while waiting to finish the required number of restocks for an upgrade?
Yes! You can still collect Balloons, even if it exceeds the upgrade requirement, and the counter will keep track of Balloons collected.
Once a new upgrade is available, what happens if I restock my Ferris Wheel before I upgrade it?
You can still restock your Ferris Wheel but it will NOT count towards unlocking the next upgrade.
I can’t find my Ferris Wheel. What happened?
When you first find your Ferris Wheel in the shops, it will appear at the top of the functional items (hat) tab. Once you have placed your Ferris Wheel for the first time, if you put the Ferris Wheel back into the storage then you will have to scroll through the list of all functional items in order to find it. Start scrolling down the list all of the items pictured under the functional items tab and you will find your Ferris Wheel there. Drag and drop it to place it back into your restaurant.
Is it possible to sell the Ferris Wheel back to the shop?
No. Your Ferris Wheel can’t be sold back to the shop. This is to prevent you from accidentally selling your Ferris Wheel so that your item and progress is not lost by mistake.
Will I still earn Balloons once the Ferris Wheel is fully upgraded?
Congratulations on completing your Ferris Wheel! You will no longer collect Balloons once you have fully completed the item.