Welcome to your new home! You’ve met Mia, unpacked your belongings and settled in but now you want to put your own personal stamp on the place and we have everything you need right here!
1. The Inventory
The Inventory serves as both a store where you can purchase items and a storage unit for items you have purchased but are not using in your Home at any given time.
Access your Inventory by tapping on the Shopping trolley at the bottom left corner of the game screen.
The Inventory index
On the right side of the inventory is the main index, tapping a category in the main index opens a submenu to the left.
Categories in the main index
- Briefcase Icon - Workstations
- House Icon - Tap to open the subcategories for household products and furniture
- Sun Icon - Tap to open the subcategories for outdoor products.
- Magicians hat Icon - Functional items
- Trowel Icon - Tap to open the subcategories for Building.
Briefcase Icon - Workstations unlock as you advance in the game and are used to produce the products needed for completing Jobs.
House Icon - Here you will find furniture and accessories for decorating your home. The House tab is divided into 6 subcategories, tapping on the House Icon will open the subcategories menu.
Subcategories for the House tab are as follows:
- Showerhead Icon - All you need for your bathroom
- Bed Icon - Beds and bedroom furniture
- Lamp Icon - Accessories, plants
- Stove Icon - Kitchen units, dining furniture.
- Armchair Icon - Everything needed for lounge/living space, sofas, coffee tables, fireplaces, floor lamps, bookshelves
- Wall decorations - pictures, mirrors, wall lights, clocks.
Sun Icon - All you need for the garden
The Garden tab is divided into 2 subcategories, tapping on the Sun Icon will open the subcategories menu.
Sub-categories for the garden tab are as follows:
- Tree Icon - flowers, hedges, trees
- Fence Icon - Garden furniture, Fencing, Fountains, Gates
Magicians Hat Icon - Functional items
Functional items are items for your Home and garden that can be interacted with both by your own character and by friends and neighbors who visit your home
For more on functional items, click here.
Trowel Icon - Building services - new rooms, floor and wall coverings, windows, doors
The Building tab is divided into 5 subcategories, tapping on the Trowel Icon will open the subcategories menu.
Sub-categories for the building tab are as follows:
- Bricks Icon - add a new room to your home - for details of how to use this function see the Decorating section below.
- Wallpaper Icon - Wall colors and finishes, tiles, paneling (note that these only need to be purchased once)
- Tile Icon - Wood flooring, carpets, floor tiles (note that these only need to be purchased once)
- Door Icon - Doors and doorways
- Window Icon - Windows
2. Purchasing Items from the store
To purchase an item from the store tap the shopping trolley at the bottom left of the game screen, then tap the category and subcategory to find the item you require. The cost of the item is displayed on the green bar below the image. To purchase, hold and drag the item into your home - when you are happy with the position of the item, tap the green check mark to place it. Footprint below the item must display as green before it can be placed. The cost of the item will be deducted from your coins/vouchers.
3. Moving, storing and rotating items
• To move an item, open the inventory mode by tapping the shopping trolley and then tap the item you wish to move. Drag the item to a new position and tap the green check mark to place. Footprint below the item must display as green before it can be placed.
Holding your finger for 2 seconds on the item you wish to move will also open the inventory mode.
• To store an item, open inventory mode and then tap the item you wish to store. Tap the red icon showing a box / $ to be given the option to Store the item or to sell it for coins. Be careful to tap store item, if you accidentally sell your item for coins, you will not be able to retrieve it. Once the item is stored you can find it again in your inventory. The green bar below the image will no longer display the price of the item, it will now display the number of items you have stored in your inventory.
• To rotate an item, open inventory mode and then tap on the item you wish to rotate. Tap the blue arrow icon until the item is rotated to the desired position and then tap the green check mark to place. Footprint below the item must display as green before it can be placed.
4. Decorating your home
• Adding a new room
To add a new room to your house, tap on the shopping trolley icon at the bottom left-hand side of the game screen, followed by the trowel icon and then select the brick wall tab. The icon at the bottom right-hand side of the screen will show you whether or not you have reached the maximum number of rooms allowed.
If you have not already reached the maximum number of rooms allowed, tap “Build Room” at the bottom right of the screen - you will then be able to tap the arrows that appear on the screen and drag them across your home to place down the outline of a new room. Use the arrows to change the shape and size of the new room. Once you are happy with the room outline in the preview, tap the green Build room confirm button to finalize.
While in this mode you can also tap on an existing room and use the arrows to change its position, shape and size. Tap Confirm to fix the new size/position. To remove a room tap Stash - this will place all items inside that room into your inventory and the amount of rooms you have available to build will increase by one.
• Wall Coverings
To Select wall coverings for your home, tap the Shopping trolley icon followed by the trowel icon then select the wallpaper icon from the sub-menu. Select the wall covering you require and tap the Unlock bar beneath the image - the cost of the wall covering will be removed from your total. To use the wall covering drag it across to the wall you wish to apply it to and tap the green checkmark to apply.
Please note: You only need to purchase (unlock) a wall covering once, after that it is yours to use as often as you wish.
• Floor Coverings
To Select floor coverings for your home, tap the Shopping trolley icon followed by the trowel icon then select the tile icon from the sub-menu. Select the floor covering you require and tap the Unlock bar beneath the image - the cost of the floor covering will be removed from your total. To use the floor covering drag it across to the floor area you wish to apply it to and tap the green checkmark to apply. You can hold and drag to place larger areas of flooring.
Please note: You only need to purchase (unlock) a floor covering once, after that it is yours to use as often as you wish.
• Doors and windows
To Select doors and windows for your home, tap the Shopping trolley icon followed by the trowel icon then select either the door or the window icon from the sub-menu. To purchase a door or window tap and drag into the home area and then tap the green checkmark. The cost of the item will be removed from your total. Once you have purchased the item, drag it into place on the wall you wish to place it - you can rotate the item using the blue circular arrow.