Creating and Customizing Your Character
Welcome to your very own Home Street character! Here you can let your imagination run wild and become who you always wanted to be! Try out new hairstyles, be bold and daring with color, experiment with new up to date fashions - the possibilities are endless, free your inner spirit now!
1. Create your Character
• Tap name and enter your chosen name then press done
• Select gender of character (male/female)
• Tapping the dice brings up randomly selected names that you may choose from if you prefer.
• When you are happy with your character name, tap Customise.
• You may change your character’s name and gender at a later date by tapping on the wardrobe > basics > gender sign tab.
2. Customise your character
• Use the slider bar above the character to select a body type, then choose eye color, and skin tone from the options shown.
• Select a facial expression from the options on the right of the screen.
• Tap the gender button to change your character’s name or gender.
• When you are happy with your basic selections, tap the Casual tab (the clothes hanger) to continue customizing your character.
• Choose hairstyle, make-up, glasses, and clothing
• For hairstyle, select style and color required
• For clothing select style of clothing and then color option.
Tap on an item of clothing to select it - this will show you a preview of the item on your character. If you wish to purchase the item, tap the green button displaying the cost at the bottom of the screen, otherwise click cancel. (some items of clothing are free, simply tap to select)
• Once you have purchased an item of clothing it becomes yours to keep, you only need to purchase an item once.
• Once you are happy with your character tap Play Now and then tap Yes on the Continue screen.
(Remember: you can go back and change your character’s name and appearance at a later date by tapping on the wardrobe.)
- In addition to the Casual default clothing, your character will change clothing when performing certain actions - once you have commenced playing, you can tap the wardrobe and then select clothing, makeup and hairstyles from 4 other sub-categories. Once you have made your choices for each sub-category, your choices will be saved and then worn at the appropriate times.
• Casual - default clothing - your character will wear the chosen casual outfit while performing general tasks and actions. You can select another outfit for your character to wear by tapping the Set as main outfit button.
• Formal - a selection of clothing designed for special occasions
• Fitness - a selection of loose casual clothing designed for workouts or just relaxing.
• Swimwear - your character will wear the chosen swimwear outfit when showering or bathing.
• Sleepwear - your character will wear the chosen sleepwear when sleeping.